So today (Monday, 12) wasn't the first day of school, but it was some sort of opening
ceremony at the church. The school I'm going to, Tamási Áron Gimnazium, is a Roman Catholic school. György and Erika dropped us off at the hotel at 8 and Zenkő and I walked to the church from there. We stood in front of it for a while and Zenkő greeted all her friends she hadn't seen over the summer and introduced me to them. I managed to find Ashlee and Kata, which was nice because Zenkő is great but I'd rather not sit with the seventh graders. At 8:30 everyone went in.
From what I could tell, which wasn't a lot, it was mostly a normal mass but the gospel and stuff was all about school. I think the priest was blessing the school year or something. He said the word school a lot but that's about all I understood. Mass itself was pretty much exactly like a home, I could tell when they were doing the Our Father and everything.
This is Dénni, he's Csendőr's dog. (Ashlee's family) Unfortunately, we don't have any pets, though Zenkő's been lobbying for a dog. They have to wait until they have a fenced in yard. Dogs seem to be more out door pets here. They also bark all night long.
This is the Csendõr house. It's in the typical style here. The inside is all wood and its amazing.
This is the view out Ashlee's window. That's the Székely flag, they're the Hungarian ethnic group thats here in Romania.
A bridged we crossed to get to her house from city center.
And this is the road I live on. I think its relatively new. My house still isn't finished. The inside is really modern and fairly empty and the outside is missing the white wash the rest of the houses have, its just cement and oddly shaped bricks at the moment.

Your skirt looks almost like your AAG kilt. Are the boys similar too?
ReplyDeleteNot really. They were all wearing navy blue suits (pants and a jacket). I didn't notice what color button up they had.
Delete